I've always wanted to own my own bookstore/coffee shop, and this is what I want to call it. I actually hate cherries, except fresh Bing cherries. But honestly, a hot fudge sundae is not complete without a cherry. It's just that extra topping that makes it perfect. And that's what I want out of life...all the extras that God gives to make it "perfect" or at least a little closer to heavenly.

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Hidden Treasures

Bryce, my 2 year old is a special boy, as are all my boys! He is delightful--full of energy, mischief, and joy! Right now he is very much enjoying pretending. He and Braxton, my 5 year old, spend much of their day pretending to be cowboys (or Ye-ah Ye-ah in Bryce speak) and pirates (Ya-Yas to Bryce). Earlier this week, I was headed out to the van to leave and Bryce ran back into the house jabbering about his "ye-ah ye-ahs" (horses) and "eat." I didn't know what he was saying so I let him go get whatever it was. A minute (or more) later, he came back with nothing in his hands! Evidently, he had to go get IMAGINARY food to put on the plates that he and Braxton had taken outside for the IMAGINARY horses. Then while at Walmart, I had to wait to load the boys into the van because they both had to put all their IMAGINARY horses in first. It's amazing we all fit! :)

So, yesterday we went to Burger King for a friend's birthday party. Bryce was busy playing and one of our plastic play forks fell on the ground. I just picked it up and put it in the bag thinking he must have stuck it in his pocket before we left. Well, he fell asleep on the way home. So my husband layed him down on the bed and decided to change his pull-up before his nap. This is what we found...

There's also a green knife on the right side that you can barely see! Don't you know all those utensils had to be uncomfortable, but he never said anything! We were cracking up!

5 comments:

3 wonderful gifts said...

This is so funny!!!!! Chasyn my little rugrat is doing the same thing amybe it's a 2 yr old thing LOL.

Oliver said...

That is sooo funny! i once found a crayone under Nolans Chin while sleeping:)

robbieniccum said...

Oh my gosh! I love that BOY!!!!
Thank you for sharing that cute story : ) Love you!

Moms Gone Godly said...

I am wheezing here with laughter. This is so funny:) I guess Pirates gotta keep their treasures somewhere!

Unknown said...

That is hilarious! Thanks for giving me a good laugh this morning. Maybe he was saving them for the horses.